Architecture and Design Field
Department of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Industrial Management Engineering
Nagoya Institute of Technology
- #423, Building #16
- Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi, 466-8555 Japan
- kusuhara at nitech.ac.jp (replace ‘at’ with ‘@’)
- Seismic Engineering
- Reinfoced Concrete Buildings
- Prestressed Concrete Buildings
- Earthquake Resistant Building Design
- Nonlinear Earthquake Response Analysis
- 2020.4 – present
- Professor, Nagoya Institute of Technology
- 2017.3 – 2020.3
- Associate Professor, Nagoya Institute of Technology
- 2007.4 – 2017.2
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Architecture, School of Eng., The Univ. of Tokyo
- 2003.6 – 2007.3
- Research Associate, Dept. of Architecture, School of Eng., The Univ. of Tokyo
- 1999.4 – 2003.5
- Structural Engineer, Building Design Dept., Tokyo Main Office, TAKENAKA CO.
- 1998.4 – 1999.3
- Osaka Main Office, TAKENAKA CO.
- graduated from Dept. of Architecture, Graduate School of Eng., The Univ. of Tokyo(the master’s course)
- graduated from Dept. of Architecture, Faculty of Eng.. The Univ. of Tokyo
Qualifications & Licences
- Dr.Eng., The University of Tokyo, 2016
- M.Eng., The University of Tokyo, 1998
- Architects and Building Engineers (Kenchiku-shi), 1st-class, the Ministry of Construction, Japan
- Encouragement Prize of AIJ 2015
- Encouraging Prize of JCI Annual Convention in Niigata, Japan Concrete Institute, 2006
- Encouraging Prize of JCI Annual Convention in Kochi, Japan Concrete Institute, 2004
- Architectural Institute of Japan
- Japan Concrete Institute
- Japan Association of Earthquake Engineering
papers in japanese are here
- Kusuhara F, Shiohara H.: Tests on Joint-Hinging Mechanism in Prestressed Concrete Moment Resisting Frames, Proceedings of the 11th National Conference in Earthquake Engineering, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA. Paper No. 591, 2018.6
- Suhee Kim, Fumio Kusuhara, Hitoshi Shiohara: Analysis of RC slab–beam–column sub-assemblages subjected to bidirectional lateral cyclic loading using a new 3D macroelement, Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 2017
- Fumio Kusuhara, Hitoshi Shiohara: Experimental Study on Prestressed Concrete Beam-Column Joints which have Column-to-Beam Strength Ratios near 1, Proc. of 16th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Santiago, Chili, Paper No. 2115, 2017.1
- Fumio Kusuhara, Hitoshi Shiohara: Moment Capacity of Reinforced Concrete Interior Beam-Column Joints Based on a Theory of Flexural Resistance of Joints, Proc. of 10th U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, Paper ID: 336, 2014.7
- Fumio Kusuhara, Hitoshi Shiohara: Joint Shear? or Column-to-Beam Strength Ratio?Which is a key parameter for seismic design of RC Beam-column joints – Test Series on Exterior Joints, Proc. of 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Lisbon, Portugal, 2012.9
- Kusuhara, F., H. Shiohara： Test of Reinforced Concrete Beam-Column Joints Retrofitted with Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Strands, Proc. of the 9NCEE, Toronto, Canada, July 25-29, 2010, Paper No.456 (CD-ROM).
- Kusuhara, F., H. Shiohara： Tests of R/C Beam-Column Joint with Variant Boundary Conditions and Irregular Details on Anchorage of Beam Bars, Proc. of the 14WCEE, Beijing, China, October 12-17, 2008 (CD-ROM).
- Kusuhara,F and H. Shiohara: New Instrumentation for Damage and Stress in Reinforced Concrete Beam-Column Joint, Proceedings of the 8NCEE, April 18-22, 2006, San Francisco, California, USA, Paper No. 1214 (CD-ROM).
- Kusuhara, F., K, Azukawa, H. Shiohara, S. Otani： Tests of Reinforced Concrete Interior Beam-Column Joint Subassemblage with Eccentric Beams, Proc. of the 13WCEE, Vancouver, B.C., Canada, August 1-6, 2004, Paper No.185 (CD-ROM).